• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

advice on divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jameelynn64

i live in reno, nevada im 27 i obtained a t.p.o. against my husband on 08-06 -02 and i had left him on 07-26-02. during the time i had the tpo in effect he violated it when he came to my house and he hit me.. i had him arrested and the day that he was supposed to appear in court he up and moved out of the state and i dont know where to locate him to get the divorce is there a way around having to have him sign the papers so that i can get this done and over with???i received a phone call from a rent to own co. here in town stating that he used me as his contact person and he has an outstanding bill with them for merchandise he has.. i dont know how many other things he has partially purchased and owes on that i dont want to have the responsibilities of owing because he disappeared... please help!!!:confused:

T

toasted

Contact the rent to own store ans ask them for his address on file. They may not give it to you but if they called you and he listed you as a reference they might.

Also an attorney can place a legal nootice in the paper. Depending on the law in Nv, the notice is usually proof in court that he was not able to be located and you should get your divorce.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">