• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child in Bicycle Accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

ibsly271

I son was riding his bicycle at an intersection where he proceeded through as he did not see a car coming (bushes in the way). The vehicle driver also did not see him due to the bushes and they collided. The driver's auto insurance is stating they want to settle, but only have $100,000 from the policy. Can you only get the personal injury insurance amount is? Currently my son has over $32,000 in medical bills.

G

gooberitiz

Who owns the Bushes?

If it was neglected, overgrown and a hazard,the owner could possibly be sued as well.

Takes lots of pictures of it....

T

toasted

ibsly271 said:
I son was riding his bicycle at an intersection where he proceeded through as he did not see a car coming (bushes in the way). The vehicle driver also did not see him due to the bushes and they collided. The driver's auto insurance is stating they want to settle, but only have $100,000 from the policy. Can you only get the personal injury insurance amount is? Currently my son has over $32,000 in medical bills.

You could sue for more however if they do not have it chances are your son will never collect. I would look into the bushes as being responsible. As Goob says, take photos and see an attorney. Did your son have a stop sign and did he stop? Even though he was on a bike he still is required to adhere to all street signs, etc.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">