• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Accident other person no insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Carmen03

Thank you for your help! we have been trying to cantact the owner of the truck that hit my boyfriends truck but they never return our call. Is there a way to find out if these people have insurance, we live in texas? Our insurance won't help because we only had liability and we've learned our lesson:( . Do we need an attorney to sue them. Our truck is a 1996 chevy silverado in very good condition but it's not useless. What can we do???? We have their information telephone number and address but we don't know exactly what else to do....thank you!

P

ProResearch

Interesting situation. Sorry it happened! I don't know anything but what I would do had this happened to me. Off the top of my head, I would:

1) ask my insurance agent to help out in finding out what information he can gather on the name and address. If he can't actually give you information, will he/she indicate that there is indeed insurance. Perhaps get suggestions from the agent on what to do now.

2) if you filed a pollice report, call and talk to the officer who wrote the report and ask his advice.

3) find an attorney who is experienced in property damage if no injuries were sustained (if injuries were sustained, find one who is experienced in personal injury). Call the local Bar association in the yellow pages or locate an attorney in the above-mentioned practice area on this web site (or another web site location service. You can find one by using a web search engine like google.com, lawcrawler.com, etc.).

Good "luck" !

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">