• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am I divorced

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

amypete

Texas I filed for divorce in 02/22/2002. My husband didn't sign the paper so I had them served. I have an affidaviat of them serving him the papers on the court records. Problem is when I was suppose to go to court the 1st time my laywer said something was wrong with the divorce I would have to go to court another time. So I went to court two other time. Both times I came earyl problem is my lawyer never showed up. I called and finally got ahold of him. He told me he showed up to the court house late and would talk to the judge and it should be finalized. well after that my lawyer is nowhere to be found. I heard he moved to austin texas. Anyways I found my court record. It said my divorce was disposed. dis want of prosecution. Now one of my questions is is it finalized. If not what do I have to do to get it finalized now that I have moved to california. Do I have to file again. And what can I do about my dead beat lawyer. Please help because I have know idea of what I should do

stephenk

your divorce was not finalized. your case was dismissed for lack of prosecution. your attorney blew it.

file a claim against the attorney with the Texas Bar association. how long have you lived in California? If more than 6 months, you can file your divorce here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">