• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is my marriage legal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Stephers

I live in California, but was married in Florida. My husband and me our sepperated now, and are plaining to divorce. My question is though... when we married he put Campbell as his last name on the marriage license, which is not his last name. It was brought to my attention later (after seeing his ssi card) that his last name is Pierce. Is my marriage legal? Is there an easy way out of this then filing for a divorce?

Stephanie

G

gooberitiz

where does the name Cambell fit into the picture? aunt uncle, was he adopted? or

such as cambell-pierce, or maybe pierce-cambell?

And have you been signing as Mrs. Cambell?

S

Stephers

Campbell is his mothers name from a marriage after she left my husbands father. Pierce is from his dad. But he never had it legally changed, or anything. He filed once after we first got married. But never went thru with it. As for Mrs Campbell, yes I have been signing that. My son even has the last name. I never had any reason to think any of it. Till We split up, and someone mentioned that they didn't think it was legal to marry other any other name then your legal one.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">