• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my poor baby

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Melissa E. Wood

What is the name of your state? NC
I need advice about my situation. I am a full time studen working single mother. I just had a baby may 31 2002 and after 3 months I gave him to a friends mother because i didn't think I could raise him as good as she could because she is a bit more financially prepared for a newborn. I signed a hand written affidavit in august, and we had it notarized nov. 12. Since then she has tryed to get me in trouble, and she always promised I could see him. Now that we aren't friends ( she tryed to fight me at my house because I threatened to take him back) I want him back, because I am in a better position to care for him, and I miss him dearly. I don't know the legal way though. a friend of mine said I can take a deputy sheriff over there and get him back, but I want to make sure. :(

P

pamelacpr

My poor baby

If you can afford a consultation fee, I would see a lawyer and get advice immediately. Look for adoption attornies in your area and see what your rights are. I would suggest you do this asap before your baby is any older and can understand what is going on. Also, could she flee the area with the baby? I would present a copy (hopefully you have one) to an attorney immediately and go from there.

Seanscott

Be prepared to be investigated as an unfit parent and possibly charged with abandonment.

If your ex-friend takes you to court, the child could end up in foster care.

G

gooberitiz

Melsiia:

There are a MILLION maybe even more couples that cant have babies becuase the plumbing doesnt work right.

So to leave you baby with some trailer trash loser, that is really pitiful.

Do you baby some good and FAST....find an adoption agency who will place the child in a home where people speak english, and will have the money to send your child to college...

Your friend's mother is a LOSER, She belongs on Jerry Springer...probably missing some teeth too!

Last edited:

CMSC

gooberitiz said:
Melsiia:

There are a MILLION maybe even more couples that cant have babies becuase the plumbing doesnt work right.

So to leave you baby with some trailer trash loser, that is really pitiful.

Do you baby some good and FAST....find an adoption agency who will place the child in a home where people speak english, and will have the money to send your child to college...

Your friend's mother is a LOSER, She belongs on Jerry Springer...probably missing some teeth too!
I really am not sure why Mary doesn't kick your a** off of here! You are a pathetic loser.
I know plenty of people who don't speak english and raise wonderful children.

To the poster you need to contact an attorney and ask your rights. I honestly don't think in 3 months time that you are anymore better off than you were then BUT you want your child back. Whether you are better off or not it is okay to want him back, you do understand that.

What town do you live in? I am going to see if I can get you some help and some numbers to call.

ellencee

I have emailed her the name of the attorney that I consider to be the absolute best family attorney in this area. Lumberton is not too far from me, so the firm should be able to assist her.

Money is going to be an issue in the original poster's ability to hire an attorney and since she works, the free legal clinics may not be able to help her.

North Carolina law is going to be another issue! In NC, this birth mother has custody regardless of a notorized statement, because the court is unaware of a change in custody and has issued no such order. However, NC courts may recognize the physical transfering of custody as having given rise to a valid request for a change of custody to the person who has been caring for this infant.

You know what's going to happen--the woman with the baby and with the money to hire an attorney is going to bulldoze this young mother's attempts to resolve this issue unless the mother has an attorney. So, I'm going to recommend the mother do this--
1) call the attorney I recommended, or any attorney and verify that she has the right to go get her child
2) take a deputy and go get the child
3) drive immediately to her county's Department of Social Services and get every available assistance for this child
4) go next to the Employment Security Commission office in her area and apply for Work First; this program is for those who can complete a degree in two years and the program provides an income that counts class time as hours worked, educational funding, daycare during classes and work, and other services coordinated with DSS.

Before you go and get your child, make sure you have a home with all the necessities for the child. Be prepared for DSS to be involved in your life for the next couple of years, if they have the time, the money, and the inclination.

Remember the child, too. The child is now accustomed to being with the other person. Two changes of 'mom' in such a short span is not going to be easy for this infant, but the sooner such a change is made, the better for the child.

Our poster did not give her age; this could be factor in every aspect of her concerns.

ellencee

ryry's mom

Do any of gooberitiz' posts make you think of someone else who posts here? I think gooberitiz is the dark side of a force posting way before the name gooberitiz showed up!

(someone else used to post alot of replies having to do with trailers, trailer trash, etc.--probably ate too many of those sour garbage-pail kids, way back in the 80's, puckered his or her brain!!)

CMSC

yes ellencee he does remind me of someone but I can't think of who right now!:confused:
It doesn't matter I think the post should report him to Mary and be done with him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">