• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rear End collision

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Scott moyer

Got rear ended by a large rental truck while stopped at light,my pickup truck was a total loss, put my head through back window got concussion, missed one week of work, 16 trips to chiropractor, had some memory loss and blurry vision , and headaches for two weeks all seemed to have cleared up had neck and back pain, medical bills were approx $4500.00 located in pennsylvania , anyone have an idea on settlement amount? Insurance co. is sending letters. only hearing from the renters insurance co. haven't heard from major truck rentals co. are they liable too? Friends are telling me about $2500.00 to $20,000.

annefan

Scott moyer said:
Got rear ended by a large rental truck while stopped at light,my pickup truck was a total loss, put my head through back window got concussion, missed one week of work, 16 trips to chiropractor, had some memory loss and blurry vision , and headaches for two weeks all seemed to have cleared up had neck and back pain, medical bills were approx $4500.00 located in pennsylvania , anyone have an idea on settlement amount? Insurance co. is sending letters. only hearing from the renters insurance co. haven't heard from major truck rentals co. are they liable too? Friends are telling me about $2500.00 to $20,000.

Consult with an injury attorney as soon as possible.

P

ProResearch

Do a search on "settlement" or "claim" or variations thereof on this web site. You will find lots of info or speculations of settlement amounts. It varies very much by the state and county that you live in. The same injuries in one state might bring $5,000 and in another $20,000. It depends on many factors. Whether this is your first car accident, first-time injuries, whether you go to a chiropractor or a physical therapist, and of course whether you have an attorney or not, etc.

An attorney *may* get you more money because of his/her negotiation skill, but then you will have to pay his/her fee. So you should weigh that factor in also. If you are a good negotiator yourself and the money and injuries involved isn't that great, you should try to settle first yourself, I believe. You only have $4,500 in medical you said -- that isn't a great amount. You may get 1.5 to 4 times that amount as a settlement. You might get more. They will probably offer you less at first. I have posted many times on my own settlement experiences.

This site (as well as others found through a web search engine) has a wealth of information that is veryhelpful in "guesstimating" a settlement amount that you can live with. And *if* you and the other side cannot come to a mutual agreement, then you have to file a lawsuit. I think you should always keep that option open, as you will not appear desperate to settle and you might possibly get closer to what is a fair amount.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">