• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

lie detector test

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

volley

What is the name of your state? IL
I have another question..
If you are arrested and you know that you are innocent..
Can you demand to take a lie detector test???

M

Mike101

You can demand anything you want. Getting it is a whole different story. If you have already been arrested I can not imagine them giving you one. It could only hurt them.

V

volley

lie detector

Thanks Mike....
Yes, I had already been arrested...
Can my attorney some how get them to give me one???
Because it is the only way I have to prove that I am innocent of the charges against me...And the charges are felonies..
volley

M

Mike101

The only thing that might happen is your attorney set one up for you and if the results are in your favor they present that to the DA. The police are not going to give you one.

V

volley

lie detector

Great...
Now I have another question..
When the results of the poly..come back in my favor which they will...Can I sue the police for false arrest???
And can I also get them to make a retraction of the arrest that was put into our local newspaper???
Which really made me sound like a terrible, terrible, person..
Volley

M

Mike101

The DA does not have to pay any attention to the results. It you pass the test I doubt that they will just dismiss the case on that. You will need a lot more then the results. If you get enough evidence showing you are innocent you might be able to get the DA to dismiss. Not likely though. If you show the police jumped the gun and your case is dismissed or you are found innocent they you will be able to look at a lawsuit.

V

volley

lie detector

Mike you sure are being helpful..Thanks alot
I have some more questions for you..
At the police station they did a field tests that came up postive for
Meth...
However, I do believe that these things have now been sent to
a crime lab..Is the testing at a crime lab more accurate???

M

Mike101

Yes they are more accurate. I would be very surprised if they didn't send it to the lab.
Happy to help.

V

volley

The police seemed so sure that I was quilty...
That I would have thought they'd have jumped at the chance to
give a lie detector test...Yes, I do believe that they REALLY JUMPED THE GUN...
But because they said they would not give me one..
That makes me think that they themselves were not sure of my quilt..

M

Mike101

When exactly were you arrested? Before or after the field test?

V

volley

lie detector

I was arrested before the feild test...But it was for driving with a suspended liscense.
They then searched my car..And in my purse I had some ephedrine...And also some blue shop towels and apparently they tested these shop towels and they tested postive for Meth..And they then accused me of possesion of a manufacturing chemical,
and the unlawful possession of a controlled substance..
Now I am trying desperately to figure out how these shop towels
would have shown up positive for a controlled substance..
And all I can come up with is that maybe because windex has ammonia in it, that this may have been on the towels..But how that would show a positive reading is BEYOND ME...
I don't know the first thing about how to make meth..I don't take
meth and I don't know anyone who does take it or make it..
The only thing I may be quilty of...Is taking ephidrene and maybe taking more than I should sometimes..I had purchases 120 tablets 2 60 count boxes..58 of the pills were gone..But the purchase was made days and days before the arrest..
I just truely don't know what to think or even how to really explain any of this..

M

Mike101

You need to wait for the lab tests then. That will let you know what is what.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">