• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statute of limitations in auto accidents

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Doloris

My 4 year old daughter and I were involved in an auto accident where a lady ran a red light and hit us on the passenger side. My daughter got a cuncusion and I had minor muscle injuries. I tried to work with the lady's insurance company, but they are not being reasonable and I am left with the only option of seeking legal representation. The accident was on Memorial Day weekend of this year. I would like to know what the statute of limitations is for filing a lawsuit against her insurance company. Do I still have a chance? Please help!

Alex02

well in Caliornia it is 1 year and i know that in a lot of either states it is 2 years. Your states should be at least 1 year but do a search at www.google.com

type in "statue of limitations (enter your state) auto accident"

G

gooberitiz

I tried to work with the lady's insurance company, but they are not being reasonable
===================

YES they are being reasonable, you have NO insurance and they are treating you as a LOSER!

So get a lawyer and sue them.

D

Doloris

Statuteof limitations

Thanks for the replies. However in response to one comment, I do have insurance, but just the minimum required. We settled on the vehicle but they are only offering $1000 (total for my daughter and myself) on our personal injuries and payment of the medical bills. I did find that www.google.com was very helpful. Thanks again for your help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">