• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Texas Divorce Part II

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cdiaz1

What is the name of your state? Texas

Part of the reason I'm in a rush is I can't afford to keep living the way that I am now. I'm scheduled to rotate back to the states in August. I'll be stationed in GA then and she and my kids will still be in TX. I'm paying all her bills now, that's not an exaggeration, and won't be able to save enough money for deposits on rent and other living expenses. Not to mention I'll need another vehicle.

I agreed that she should keep everything, the furniture, vehicles, etc. since she does have the kids. I told her to sell my tools, my car and my project car to help with the moving expenses she'll incur when she moves out of military housing. I agreed to pay whatever the child support is plus her truck payment. I'm not asking for much.

However, all this is irrelevant now. She spoke to an attorney and now she's asking for 650 child support, 650 alimony and about another 600 for her truck payment and insurance. I only make around 2100/month anyway, and she already has a bachelor's and is currently working on her masters. I don't know if I can hire an attorney from here or not. Any advice is appreciated.

thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">