• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

being sued and SOL's

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Alex02

CA

I spoke with an attorney and he told me that since the SOL's for an auto accident i had was about to run out the other parties auto ins attorney (state farm) may have already filed the paperwork but just hasnt gone through with it yet. He said this would portect ttheir rights to collect.

Now, is there anyway i can find out if the attorney has done this????? The SOL is going to run out in 1 week and no attorneys have ever contacted me, State farm just put me in collections for the past couple of months and i made a $220 payment a month ago to them.

stephenk

did you enter into some kind of agreement with State Farm to pay them for the property damage? why did you make a payment?

Alex02

Well the thing was that somebody in my hosue put the mail in the wrong place and i ended up reading state farms letter to make payment arrangements with them too late. By the time i stumbled across the letter a collector was already sending me letters so i started dealing with them. So then i made a payment to them to show them i wasnt refusing to pay in case they tried to use this against me somehow.

Now, i was asking about being able to find out if state farm filed anything with courts to protect their SOL rights. You probly know where im going with this now, the SOL for personal injury in CA is 1 year and its only days away from the SOL ending.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">