• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Volunteer Fire Department

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Trisha02

At the beginning of this week my husband was hit by a volunteer fireman responding to the stationhouse. The fireman was in his own car and hit my husband on the driver's side. The car is totaled, my husband had a severe concussion, whiplash and is still experiencing headaches.
The police have not finished their report and have said they will not release any information to us until the report is completed.
My husband is aware that this guy was speeding and had no visible flashing lights and/or sirens.
Our insurance company right now is handling our claim and providing our rental.
What are the laws on this? How long do we have before we demand something from the police department? What are the laws pertaining to volunteer firemen and their response to emergencies?

Clueless Trish in Ohio

HomeGuru

Trisha02 said:
At the beginning of this week my husband was hit by a volunteer fireman responding to the stationhouse. The fireman was in his own car and hit my husband on the driver's side. The car is totaled, my husband had a severe concussion, whiplash and is still experiencing headaches.
The police have not finished their report and have said they will not release any information to us until the report is completed.
My husband is aware that this guy was speeding and had no visible flashing lights and/or sirens.
Our insurance company right now is handling our claim and providing our rental.
What are the laws on this? How long do we have before we demand something from the police department? What are the laws pertaining to volunteer firemen and their response to emergencies?

Clueless Trish in Ohio

**A: consult with a PI attorney right away.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">