• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Be sued, Please Help.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

calvin34

I had an accident almost two years ago, It was my fault. Two weeks ago, I was sued by the other driver. In his lawyer's letter, he had spent $4,000 for medical treatment, but they demanded a judgement higher than my coverage limit. It seems that he only sued me, not my insurence company. I contacted my insurence company, the guy in charge of my case is for vacation. What should I do? Is it possible my insurence has already paid them full amount of my coverage and I have to hire a lawyer by myself?
Many thanks.

HomeGuru

calvin34 said:
I had an accident almost two years ago, It was my fault. Two weeks ago, I was sued by the other driver. In his lawyer's letter, he had spent $4,000 for medical treatment, but they demanded a judgement higher than my coverage limit. It seems that he only sued me, not my insurence company. I contacted my insurence company, the guy in charge of my case is for vacation. What should I do? Is it possible my insurence has already paid them full amount of my coverage and I have to hire a lawyer by myself?
Many thanks.

**A: the lawsuit is entirely separate from your insurance so hire an attorney fast. You only have a certain amount of time to respond to the Complaint (say 20 days) or you willbein automatic default.

C

calvin34

Dear Guru:

Thank you very much! I really appreiciate.
I have another question, will the insurence pay my legal fees if they haven't paid full amount of my coverage yet?

Best regards

Calvin

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">