• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

time is of the essence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

RobinGnTx

What is the name of your state?
My state is Texas and I hope I am doing this the proper way.
My bf and his wife are divorcing and have been trying to settle for over a year now. As of July all was agreed upon but both attnys seem to drag their feet in getting a decree done. It was finally accomplished and her attny was faxed a decree over a month ago. She never recieved it, so he took it into his own hands to send her a copy of the decree himself for which she signed and agreed upon everything. She mailed it back to him and his court date is in one week. My question is , does her attny have to sign this decree to make it final and does it have to be done before his court date? And or what else has to be done to finalize the divorce so they dont have to reset the court date again.
thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">