• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

parking lot fender bender

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

catd0g

I live in illinois. Accident occured in Dupage County. Parking lot is private property. It is that of a professional building. There were 2 parking spaces right next to each other. I was pulling into one and the other gentleman was backing ino the other. Now, i reach my space first as the other guy is a few stall away, getting ready to back in his space. I stop as i am entering as i see the other guy backing up pretty fast. I didnt think we should both enter spaces at the same time even though they are 2 different spaces. I saw him the whole time. As he was stalls away from me, Then backing up...then making the turn to enter his parking stall. My wheels were turned towards my stall. I saw him looking over his right shoulder the whole time. I saw the rear of his F150 truck pass my face. Then i honked my horn, but it did not stop him from hitting me. My left front bumper was scratched. His driver side door was scratched. He did not straighten his steering fast enough. Any input?

Last edited:

P

ProResearch

Hi Laura,

I'm not sure you're going to get any input unless you actually ask a legal question or some kind of question. As it stands, you definitely had an accident.

You should both report this incident to your insurance companies. If you have/had a witnesses they will be able to determine more objectively who is at fault. Otherwise, it's a she said/he said thingy.

If the damages aren't that great and you didn't call the police to make a report, then you are probably going to be left on your own or make a claim with your own insurance if you have collision and your deductible isn't that high.

Give us more details as to just what your question(s) is/are.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">