• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

revealing adoption to 17 year old

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Y

yayasister

What is the name of your state? arizona
can i be sued by my sister for telling their 17 year old son that he was adopted? is this considered "invasion of privacy" We were never told not to reveal this, in fact we asked and were told that he already knew and had been told from an early age.
He is treated unfairly and differently than all of the other children.

CMSC

not as far as I know. This child deserved to know and if you had no clue the child didn't know then there should be no case against you. Is someone threatening legal action? How soon will this child be 18?

Y

yayasister

Yes my sister has mentioned that she wants to sue us for invasion of privacy...she is very angry and although I think that it is rediculous, I worry that she might try to take us to small claims court and press charges...The child will be 18 in October of 2003. He is miserable living at home, treated unfairly, and not allowed ANY freedoms. I wish there was a way that he could be emmancipated. Do you know if there is a way or is he stuck until he turns 18?
When he turns 18 can he move out or does he have to finish high school first?

CMSC

yayasister said:
Yes my sister has mentioned that she wants to sue us for invasion of privacy...she is very angry and although I think that it is rediculous, I worry that she might try to take us to small claims court and press charges...The child will be 18 in October of 2003. He is miserable living at home, treated unfairly, and not allowed ANY freedoms. I wish there was a way that he could be emmancipated. Do you know if there is a way or is he stuck until he turns 18?
When he turns 18 can he move out or does he have to finish high school first?
I am assuming your nephew is in Arizona and Arizona has no statute for emancipation which means he is his parents responsibility until age 18. I would recommend that he finish high school. Does he have job now? Does he know anything about his adoption? I am tired but I have some more ideas for you. You can email me more at [email protected] and I hope I can help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">