• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Involved in an accident but cannot contact the other party

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

myelmo

My car's rear bumper was hit by another party at the stop sign recently. We didn't call the police as there wasn't obvious demage. I did give him my insurance information ( because I felt that I was at fault at that time since I backed up without seeing him ) but I just had his phone number and name. After talking to my insurance guy, I felt that I might not at fault more than him, and I decided to get his insurance information. That guy never returned my call, and I could not get his insurance information till now. He did go ahead and fill claim against me, so how should I do? Will my insurance company get involve and get his information if I claim against my own policy for my car's demage? What if he keeps ignoring me/my insurance company? Can I sue against him? ( but again, I only have his phone number and name )

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">