• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pregnancy and auto accident..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

ladylillith

I was involved in an auto accident recently in the state of Mississippi, my fiance was driving and I was in the passenger seat.

A 17yr old girl took her eyes off the road to search for something in her floorboard. She veered into the opposite lane and struck us head on.

Both my fiance and myself had our seatbelts on. The injuries were fairly minor and I would have no problem settling now except that I am pregnant.

When the accident occured, I was 20 weeks gestation (roughly 5 months pregnant). I went straight to the hospital, and found I was Rh positive and that my body was beginning to attack the fetus due to the trama I had just suffered. They gave me a shot and released me the same day. No harm seemed to have come to the baby. 2 days later i was readmitted, the round ligament on my left side had been pulled in the accident and had finally ripped. I was given a shot and told to stay off my feet for a couple weeks.

My question is this: With my medical bills near 2000 dollars, what sort of recompense should I expect for the complications that arose due to the accident? (I was told by the ER doctor that if I had not come into the hosptial, there would have been a 80% chance of miscarraige due to the Rh factor.)

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

ladylillith said:
I was involved in an auto accident recently in the state of Mississippi, my fiance was driving and I was in the passenger seat.

A 17yr old girl took her eyes off the road to search for something in her floorboard. She veered into the opposite lane and struck us head on.

Both my fiance and myself had our seatbelts on. The injuries were fairly minor and I would have no problem settling now except that I am pregnant.

When the accident occured, I was 20 weeks gestation (roughly 5 months pregnant). I went straight to the hospital, and found I was Rh positive and that my body was beginning to attack the fetus due to the trama I had just suffered. They gave me a shot and released me the same day. No harm seemed to have come to the baby. 2 days later i was readmitted, the round ligament on my left side had been pulled in the accident and had finally ripped. I was given a shot and told to stay off my feet for a couple weeks.

My question is this: With my medical bills near 2000 dollars, what sort of recompense should I expect for the complications that arose due to the accident? (I was told by the ER doctor that if I had not come into the hosptial, there would have been a 80% chance of miscarraige due to the Rh factor.)

My response:

I don't know why you're mentioning the "Rh Blood" factor. Accidents do not cause "Rh Blood."

However, as to your other injuries, and any compensation for your pain, suffering and medical expenses, only a Personal Injury attorney in your local area can discuss this with you because you have given us too little information with which to give you any type of an opinion.

If your baby is found to be injured as the result of the accident (and NOT due to the Rh factor), then your child may have a separate cause of action against the driver after your child is born, and presuming your settlement (if there is one) is not hinged to a "Parental Release" for the baby. Again, get an opinion in this regard from an attorney in your local area.

Good luck to you.

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

stephenk said:
"welcome back, IAAL! havent seen you on the boards for awhile. Hope it was a vacation and nothing bad."

==========================================

My response:

Thanks Stephen. It's good to be back. The reason for my absence was:

A) I was found guilty of murder, completed my sentence, and now I want to own a gun.

Or

B) I was a witness in the last SLA trial.

Or

C) I was in trial and won a 2.4 million dollar verdict.

Or

D) I got lost and it took me this long to re-locate FreeAdvice.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">