• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Motion to Transfer Property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

marycat54

What is the name of your state? mi
My husband received papers for motion to transfer property on behalf of his ex. there was a loan in both of their names and she used the marital property that she got in the divorce in 1994. we first knew something was wrong when our car loan did not go through due to his name still on a loan they had together and it was behind in 1999. then we kept getting her notices of late payments on the loan. My husband and I were paying our property taxes, decided to check out hers, and found out hers were behind. knowing that the loan was behind as well as the taxes, we then contacted the bank. we tried to make good on the loan but put ours in jeapardy in the process. His ex is claiming that she had no idea that the foreclosure on her place when through, until she got a notice that the bank was granted a sheriff's deed. we paid the the purchase price of 22,500 (which is double of what was owed) and obtained the sheriff's deed. now she wants the judge to force us to sell her back the house or sell the place outright for the current rate of 135,000 and give us back what we paid and she get the rest. this propety was bought by my husbands' great grandfather and been in the family for over 100 years. land in ? is 21 acres, walk out ranch, attached garage, w/ pole barn all designed and built by my husband. Options/suggestions welcome. marycat

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">