• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mailing date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I had 14 days to pay a ticket before the fee went up. I wrote the check and dropped it in the mail on the 14th day. It would not have got to them by the 14th day, so now they are after me for the remaining money ($60 more).

Is a ticket deemed payed once it is mailed (by me), or once it is recieved (by them)?
Do I have a chance in court?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

17555 said:
I had 14 days to pay a ticket before the fee went up. I wrote the check and dropped it in the mail on the 14th day. It would not have got to them by the 14th day, so now they are after me for the remaining money ($60 more).

Is a ticket deemed payed once it is mailed (by me), or once it is recieved (by them)?
Do I have a chance in court?

My response:

Why did you purposefully remove the State name question, and fail to tell us your State name? Did you think the law is the same everywhere? Did you somehow believe that we could "devine" your State name? Are we clairvoyant?

Did you seriously believe you could get an answer by flagrantly ignoring the instructions in RED WORDS at the top of the page - - much like you have when you ignored the instructions on your ticket?

What's wrong with you, anyway? Do you have a problem with "authority" and "authority figures" in your life?

IAAL

I had it there, then realized that others did not, So I thought that removing it would broaden the experts looking at the post

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

That has got to be the lamest excuse for your continuing failure!

And yet, when you respond, you have still FAILED to tell us your State name.

Perhaps the judge will be impressed with a quote from the Nevada statutes?

Absolutely incredible.

IAAL

State: North Dakota

If that would have been there previously, would you have even looked at the post, being that you are in California.

Thanks for all the advice, now I know exactly how to handle the situation that I inquired about.

I hope you had fun wasting my time and yours.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

17555 said:
Thanks for all the advice, now I know exactly how to handle the situation that I inquired about.

I hope you had fun wasting my time and yours.

My response:

Don't pin that one on me!

You're the one who can't read or follow instructions.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">