• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

car accident in ohio state,live in west virginia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sweetthang

HI.i am from west virginia, we were in a car wreck past 6-200. my mother in law and my self.my husband was driving a car we were trying out from a used car lot,as we were dead stoped at a red light getting ready to make a left hand turn,the lane on the right side of of us were to turn right or go straight,this white pick up truck comes speeding side swipes the car we were in.when the law came. the police smelled alcoho beverages on his breath,he was giving a druck test and he past.even though he was a 100 percent at fault netheir driver got a ticket.but while watting on the police the other driver called a person on a celleuar phone and was at the wreck about the same time police arrived.the person that the other driver called was cleaning out beer cans and football halments out of this mans truck.the other driver he amitited to being in a rush to get to a ball game and when police ask him his last drink was the other driver said like 3am and this accident happen around 12 pm.my mother in law have been under doctors care since june 2002 and have been in theraphy:( we are from west virginia and we need a lawyer since the accident took place in the state of ohio.the insurance on either side does not want to pay our doctor bills or even talk to us about the accident. can u tell us how to get a lawyer for our case here in west virginia and the accident took place in ohio state,thank u very much for your time
;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) dark-blue

K

Kevin O'Keefe

Where to locate lawyer..

On injury cases like this, there are two ways to go. One is to use a local lawyer in your town. The advantage is that it is easy for you to meet the lawyer when needed and that lawyer will know the local doctors you are seeing. It's not that the doctors will show favortism for local lawyers, but some doctors go out of their way not to get involved in injury cases - the way doctors do that is be very non-commital in their opinions relating to injury claims. It's not fair but it happens.

At the same time these cases are negotiated from a position of strength. That means being able to back up a fair and reasonable settlement demand with a law suit if the insurer does not respond with a fair response. Suit in injury cases is filed in the location of the accident. Thus an Ohio lawyer may be needed at some point. That can be done by you hiring an Ohio lawyer now or a local lawyer bringing in an ohio lawyer at some point at no expense to you.

You may wish to call a local lawyer and run the situation by them. You can look in the directory or or other directories but make certain you call a good experienced personal injury trial lawyer who specilaizes in reprsenting injured people. As i have told others begin with members of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America and your state's trial lawyers association. If you need some names ask me or other lawyers here.

I hope that helps a bit. Take care.

- Kevin

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">