• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting my property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

godawgs

What is the name of your state? Oregon

My Ex still has property of mine. The divorce decree states that I am entitled to this property. My Ex refuses to give it to me. How do I go about getting it back?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

godawgs said:
What is the name of your state? Oregon

"My Ex still has property of mine. The divorce decree states that I am entitled to this property. My Ex refuses to give it to me. How do I go about getting it back?"

My response:

Write him a Certified Return Receipt letter demanding your property with a quotation from the actual order. Give him some dates and times for your availability, along with a demand for a response within 10 days from the date of your letter.

When he fails to respond, immediately file your "Order to Show Cause Re: Contempt of Court" using your copy of the letter, and the green return receipt as your evidence.

He'll be spending some time in jail for his contempt of court - - but, don't tell him that. Let it be a surprise when he gets in court.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">