• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mediation settlement agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

longlived21

what is the name of your state? South Dakota
Im 21 and recently had a mediation and the outcome was less then expected, i ended up signing a paper that was typed up from wording of my lawyer i signed it because after alot of arguing with my own lawyer about everything i decided 4 1/2 years has been long enough for this lawsuit they didnt offer very much as i would settle for and my lawyer said that i could file medical bankruptcy since after they get their 1/3 and subtrerogations or whatever there isnt even enough for the medical of 32k and im not out to stiff my doctors they have been really good to me but i dont know much about law so after pointless arguing and a extremely long 7 hour day in that office i ended up signing.

Then the same day i talked to a different lawyer and he said there isnt such thing as medical bankruptcy i would have to go through with a full bankruptcy and i dont want to do that for anything im young and would like to buy a house someday i would rather pay as much of the medical as i can and make payments somehow for the rest it sucks because i would have nothing for all the pain ive gone through in the past almost 5 years and i would rather try and get out of this and take it to court and sorry for this long thing but my question actually is can i get out of a mediation agreement and go to court? the paper i signed, at the end it says This agreement will be followed by a more complete release and dismissal paperwork. the paralegal for my lawyer says its a done deal but i think hes saying that cuz they made out like bandits and dont wanna work anymore to have to go in court and i got left with a bunch of nada. one would think that i would have to sign the checks and the more complete thing to make it official but as i stated before i dont know anything about law any comments would be appreciated.

btw this all resulted from 2 car accidents i have been in that were not my fault

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">