• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

non posted/parking ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

punchym30

What is the name of your state? NY. I received a ticket for overnight parking in NY. this town I guess you cannot park on the streets from 2-6AM. I received a ticket even though it is not posted on this street. I have MASS plates and registration on the car in which I got the ticket. Do I have to pay this?

HomeGuru

punchym30 said:
What is the name of your state? NY. I received a ticket for overnight parking in NY. this town I guess you cannot park on the streets from 2-6AM. I received a ticket even though it is not posted on this street. I have MASS plates and registration on the car in which I got the ticket. Do I have to pay this?

**A: please provide the reasons as to why you should not have to pay the fine for the ticket.

P

punchym30

Why should I pay for it? This is why-How is a MA resident supposed to know about this stupid rule in NY? There are no sings anywhere on these streets. Only on some main streets are there notices (but the notices on the main streets do not say city wide) to not park from 2-6 A.M.

The only reason I know of it is because I used to live Here. However some of the houses have very small lots and parking on the street is just a necesity sometimes while visiting. You would think that a police officer that noticed a car parked on a back street with out of state plates and being a day after Thanksgiving wouldn't ticket the car and the fact that they're isn't a sign/s around either side of the street or even on other streets. If I didn't live here before how would I know about this idiotic rule? If you can't park on the streets shouldn't it be at least posted in order not to get a ticket? Some major entrances to the city there is a little sign (or course amongst a hundred others). How you supposed to read all this stuff without driving off the road? You know how many entrances to this town there are? Alot, and only a few having postings of this nature.

Last edited:

JETX

Your own post says that YOU knew of the restriction ("The only reason I know of it is because I used to live Here") and yet you are challenging the ticket because it wasn't posted!!

Pay the ticket and let those who truly are not aware challenge the lack of signage.

As the old country deputy said, "Ma'am, tell it to the judge".

P

punchym30

Yes, I knew of the law and it's stupid. The 15 years (mostly as a kid) I lived here this town was notoriously the worst in all aspects of town management. This town has no problem collecting high property taxes, maintaining crappy roads, not picking up leaves on streets (which is included in your property taxes) not fixing side walks, pot holes and not plowing streets. They don't even clean the streets with a street cleaner at night (which would possibly explain the "the no parking") The lots are very small and you would think the city would let you park on at least one side of the street. Nope. This is no slum neighborhood, no drugs, just pathetic government at it's "best." They can't explain to me the reason for not parking on the streets either. I know why it is. Just to create more revenue.

So let me get this straight, you want me to give this town more money? I'm suppose to pay the ticket and let someone else get the benefit of "really not knowing about it?" I think not. I will play the "out of towner" with my MA plates and registration. I think last night they should have been looking for drunk drivers on the main roads instead of a few visitors cars parked on the street. There is just no reason for this rule and instead of paying it I will protest it. So I will "tell it to the judge."

JETX

So, your first post was "Do I have to pay this??" and now it is "I am going to tell it to the judge".

So, other than the ability to whine and cry and moan about "Woe is me!!", your post was really just meant to be a waste of time.... right??

P

punchym30

I thought lawyers answered these questions and not the crowd outside the taping of "The Peoples Court."

No, not saying "oh woe is me." That is you. You think you can't change things but sometimes you can. At least I am just not going to sit on my ass and just pay a ticket that has no basis. I was asking on a legal basis if I had to legally pay the ticket, not your opinion whether I had to or not. Actually you have been a waist of my time. You don't seem to have any guts to stand up to much.

HomeGuru

punchym30 said:
I thought lawyers answered these questions and not the crowd outside the taping of "The Peoples Court."

No, not saying "oh woe is me." That is you. You think you can't change things but sometimes you can. At least I am just not going to sit on my ass and just pay a ticket that has no basis. I was asking on a legal basis if I had to legally pay the ticket, not your opinion whether I had to or not. Actually you have been a waist of my time. You don't seem to have any guts to stand up to much.

**A: when you take off from work and go to Court and lose, you will then know what a big fat waist is.

JETX

HG: Tell you what my friend. I am becoming more convinced everyday of the accuracy of IAAL's opinion that ALL New Yorkers are whiny, cry babies, who simply cannot understand that they are not always right. Much more of this, and I will boycott posters from NY and NJ also.
Sheese.... seems that as soon as Guiliani got out of office, NY lost its backbone and become a 'vicitm state' again!!

P

punchym30

Your a mindless idiot. Even if you don't agree with JUST ME so you boycott ALL of NY/NJ just because you don't like one person in that state/s? That's real mature. As far as backbone goes I seem to have more than you. At least I will stand up to try and change rediculous laws and not sit on my ass making whacko statements such as my first sentence/question in this reply. Just because you don't agree with a rediculous law all the sudden you are a whiner? By the way I am not talking about NYC. I live in suburban upstate NY. At least 3 hours north of NYC. You obvioulsly assume NY means NYC by your Guiliani statement. Guess you are not aware of any other place than NYC in NY?

JETX

Would you like some cheese with that WHINE???

If you had ANY experience on this forum, you would realize that virtually EVERY senior member had already taken the 'vow' of boycotting whiney, sniveling NY and NJ posters. To the contrary, I had often tried to help. Your ignorant, 'screw the world, I'm right' responses have done little but cause me to rethink my position.... and to agree with the majority.

So, lets put your drivel into a short version.
1) You received a ticket for overnight parking in NY.
2) You claimed that you had no knowledge of the parking restriction ("I guess you cannot park on the streets from 2-6AM"). Turns out that your 'guess' was a lie, since you later admitted that you KNEW of the restriction ("Yes, I knew of the law and it's stupid").
So, in summary, you knew of the law but decided to break it anyway, then whined and cried about getting a ticket.

Now, you are going to lie to the court and claim you had no knowledge of the law and that your ticket should be voided due to the lack of signage!!

Did I get anything wrong in the above?? Of course not.... except I forgot to add that you are also a liar!

Have a wonderful day....
:p

P

punchym30

What a "comedian."

Then if EVERY SR. Member decided to boycott NY and NJ because of me then you are all mindless morons, not just yourself. And by the way what state are you from?

The "I guess" in my first thread was stated that way since there are NO (that means none) signs anywhere and I mean nowhere stating the parking rule. So that is where that comes from.

You break the law everyday also I'm sure. Do you come to a full stop at every stop sign?

Just because I know of a law does not make it right. Just as there was a law about harboring slaves, people still did it anyway because they didn't believe in slavery therefore the law. It finally changed because of protest. Parking on upstate NY streets is a money making affair. As long as this law has no basis I will fight it any way I can. I also would lie to authorities if I was helping a slave to freedom. Although this example is extreme based on my first thread, it is done so to make a point.

The bottom line is that you can fight city hall. I have done it before on certain things (and won) and will do it again. So boycott NY and NJ if you want. I'm sure your state has it's share of people I could cut up too. But just because your a conformist doesn't mean I would boycott your entire state because of you or any other person I didn't like.

JETX

Oh, pleeezzee!! Quit your damn whining!!
And you still don't understand..... the 'boycott' has NOTHING to do with you (sorry, to burst your ego-bubble)!!

You are a PROVEN liar (and couldn't even lie your way out of your lie!!).

Go fight your ticket, fight city hall, fight your battles, whatever. Just don't drag us into your petty little fights.
Bye-Bye!

P

punchym30

call me what you want, don't give a damn. So what state you from? You didn't say.

JETX

Punchie... don't ever get into a bet over which is smarter... you or a rock?? You will lose!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">