• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ice on city roads

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

ssjrob4

i just have one question, i was driving my car down a public street well after some kind of winter weather storm, I was going about five mph to be on the safe side...when driving down this street, i relized the street had not been plowed or salted, so i went slower, as i went around a small bend...the car slid into a fire hydrant, there was only damage done to my front passenger side, I was unable to drive the car due to the metal holding my tire, and i was wondering if i could sue the city for my deductable for not maintaining the streets, and/or bad placement of the fire hydrant?

JETX

No, and no.

You have primary obligation to maintain control of your vehicle... no matter what the street conditions are...... unless you can show that the city had prior knowledge of the hazard and failed to respond.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">