• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Separation Agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

Hivelocity

What is the name of your state? North Carolina
I signed a separation agreement when I was in a state of disillusionment and shock of finding out that my husband cheated on me. I was angry and just wanted to leave.I did not have an attorney nor did I even think of having one revise the agreement or consult me. I actually thought that we would eventually work things out but now after 5 months of being separated I do not forsee us resolving our problems. I signed the agreement which gave him sole ownership of our business and house. I now realize that was a mistake and I want half of all the things that I helped us obtain during our relationship. What can I do to either void this agreement that I signed or reconstruct the property portion. Please Help!

stephenk

you put yourself in a tough spot. did you hubby have an attorney or were you both doing this agreement on your own?

consult with a family law attorney asap!

H

Hivelocity

He had his attorney draw up the separation agreement- I inturn had no attorney at all nor did I have one revise this agreement. But we did mutually agree to the terms of the contract and the only reason I agreed was because I was hurt and wanted to leave asap! I understand now that was a mistake and I should not of signed anything. But answer this ~ what if he breaches part of the contract? In my separation papers it states that a breach of one section does not make the entire contract a breach! In the agreement it states that he is suppose to pay me a undisclosed amount of money by the 31st of December this year so if he does not follow through with this agreement will it be voided or will the rest of the agreement remain effective? I am at a loss of understanding why he would be able to not stick to the agreement and yet some how it still remains effective?
I look forward to your reply and Thank You for taking the time to respond!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">