• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Creditor Concerns

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

etak57

What is the name of your state? Nevada-
my husband and i recently moved to NV-we were in a temporary housing situation-living with relative of his. things went from bad to worse-and i came back east to wait until he found work and we could afford our own place. in the meantime- he notifies me he wants a legal separation-or a divorce! he decides he longer wants to be married!! we have essentially no assets- except for a car-which we still owe on. however-my name is on the car loan. i do not have possession of the car-he has it and has not been paying the loan-as he does not have a job!! i want to get my name off the car loan as i don't feel i should be held responsible for paying the loan- i do not have possession or use of the car. i have been the one who has consistently worked fulltime in our 17 years of marriage-he has been in and out of jobs-working part-time, odd jobs and seasonal work. he controlled all of my money when we were together and many times chose not to pay the bills. any advice you can offer is appreciated-to get my name off that car loan-and to see if there is anything i am entitled to in an impendind divorce. we have no children-it's just the two of us.
thanks.

stephenk

is there any way for you to get the car? If no, then the only other way would be for your hubby to refinance the car in his name only or to sell the car, pay off the loan and walk away from the whole mess.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">