• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What can I do?????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hurt_mother

What is the name of your state? Indiana

My ex has custody of our daughter. He is remarried, and he and his wife are trying to adopt my daughter. We have already been to court once for the adoption and it was dismissed becasue up until a year ago, when they made this decission, I had regular visitaion with my daughter. Since they have decided to adopt, I have not been able to see my daughter since January 2002. The judge for the adoption had told me to take them to court for contemp, but I have no money, or I wold have done that a LONG time ago. I love my daughter, and miss her very much.....what can I do tostop them from doing this???

CMSC

You can go to the court house and file the paperwork yourself for contempt charges! Do it! If you go a year without seeing her and don't do anything about it they can file for adoption because of abandonment!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">