• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Leaving the scene of an accident with no damage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

amee99

Can a police officer give you a ticket for leaving the scene of an accident with NO damage? If so, what can the charges be? What should I plead and how to handle the case???

Please help, I have court tomorrow! :(

HomeGuru

amee99 said:
Can a police officer give you a ticket for leaving the scene of an accident with NO damage? If so, what can the charges be? What should I plead and how to handle the case???

Please help, I have court tomorrow! :(

**A: why are you asking when it appears that you already got such a ticket. What does it state? There need not be any damage to the vehicle. How do you know the other driver did not suffer any injuries? And why did you leave?

A

amee99

Parked car in parking lot

It was a parked car in a parking lot of a grocery store. My car roled into another vechile while I was in the store. I was not in the car when it happend nor was the other driver. The car had NO damage to their vehicle.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: Parked car in parking lot

amee99 said:
"It was a parked car in a parking lot of a grocery store. My car roled into another vechile while I was in the store. I was not in the car when it happend nor was the other driver. The car had NO damage to their vehicle."

====================================

My response:

Then, two things are obvious from your post - -

1. You're not a professional autobody repair person, so your opinion about "no damage" means squat.

2. In your State, as it is in all States, the Vehicle Code requires you to leave a note on the "contacted" vehicle, identifying you, your address and telephone number, with a short description of why you're leaving the note; e.g., what happened. You didn't do this, so the ticket ensued.

You will be found in violation of your States' vehicle code. The ticket is proper.

IAAL

JETX

And since you couldn't even follow the rules of the forum (what state??), you are guilty as charged. Pay the clerk on your way out.

JETX

Oh, glad to hear that you are proud of your alma mater, Screw U.

From what I hear, they are a lousy school, with a poor academic program and an even worse football team.

Your inability to read and follow directions shows that the opinions of their teaching ability is true.

Have a hap-hap-happy day!!:p

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">