• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

divorce, minor children, and drug abuse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

ticker

What is the name of your state? Texas

i'm about to file for divorce. i have 3 children, ages 5, 3, and 2 months. i've caught my husband smoking marijuana while the children were around. i would very much like for him to have nothing to do with the children (even if this means agreeing to no child support). he is currently living in a house where every member of the household smokes pot. he uses the excuse that pot is good for his medical condition and i'm afraid he may try to use this against me in a court proceeding (ie., to get alimony or something along those lines). i don't want my children exposed to this kind of lifestyle. what do I have to do to ensure that they never get to go with him alone? anyone who can answer or has experience with this topic please reply asap. thanks.

stephenk

please dont try to do this divorce without an attorney. there are too many issues involved - custody, child support, alimony - for you to do this on your own.

how long has your hubby been a pot smoker? when did you first notice he was smoking while the kids were around? did you ever report him to the police?

A

aahlee

I guess having 3 kids so close together has put a strain on your relationship, big time.

He feels like his life is over anyway so he might as well enjoy whats left.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">