• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is this legal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

ceebooboo

voided warranty

i was in an accident - now my insurance company is telling me that they are not willing to pay more than their mechanics say it would cost for them to do the repairs.
the problem is that i still have a portion of my bumper to bumper warranty left. a rep. from the auto manufacturer told me that if an unauthroized mechanic does the work my warranty is voided.
if unauthorized parts are used my warranty is voided.
if i want the work done correctly my insurance company is saying i have to pay the difference.
doesn't my insurance company have the responsibility to repair my vehicle regardless of what their mechanics say? besides the insurance company never told me this would happen - it is not even written on my policy.
is this legal?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">