• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I don't know if this is legal for a cop to this to me or not

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Meta11icAc

I was speeding okay, i didn't hear his sirens, nor did i see it, because i didn't have a reason to look in my rearview mirror, nor did i hear him cuz i had my music too loud...

i stop my car on the side of the road, he grabs me by my coat and slams me into the side of my car, he asked "you know what you were doing?" (in a pissed voice) "yeah, i was speeding" saying this while he's holding me against my car...he said "tell me why i shouldn't arrest you" i said "i dont know" he said "you were trying to elude me" i said "no i wasn't" he said grab your liscense and registration

got in his car he asked the normal questions last ticket, age, etc...i said "i wasn't trying to elude you" he said "yeah i know, if i thought you were i would've put a gun to your ear"....which i dont think makes sense, since he figured i wasn't trying to elude him, and he still slams me against the car

he also said something like "dad, he grabbed me threw me against the car" (sarcastically, basically meaning for me not to do it) and he said "if you do contend this in court, i will hit you with every ticket i got" (which would've been speeding in multiple areas since i didn't know he was behind me)....

what do you think?

(he gave me a ticket for 111 dollars)

this was in south dakota if that matters

Last edited:

Alex02

Unnesessary use of force? If this happened to me, I would just pay the $111 and be done with it. On the other hand i MIGHT be able to get away with some kinda of racial profiling/discrimanation (if the cop was white) and unnessary use of force (is this law or football law?) if i tried to actually do somethin about it?

ShyCat

Didn't have a reason to look in your rearview mirror?!

Of course you did! It's called "safe driving". Driving a car requires you to be aware of your surroundings and road conditions at all times. Otherwise, you're just an accident waiting to happen.

Music too loud?

No excuse. Music so loud that you cannot hear even a police siren in your immediate vicinity is extraordinarily unsafe. Again, your driving is downright lethal. Nevermind what it's doing to your hearing... you apparently don't care that you'll be deaf before long.

Next time you drive so blissfully unaware of an emergency vehicle on your bumper it just might be a fire truck or ambulance. Your unsafe driving can cost the lives of not only anyone so unlucky as to be sharing the road with you (including the emergency personnel rushing to someone's aide) but also those needing the fire truck or ambulance.

It's no wonder the police officer was so mad: you mindlessly endangered everyone around you. If you were my kid, you'd be thinking that officer was rather lenient.

Grow up. You might live long enough to enjoy it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">