• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Busted With Weed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

ChnkPnkr05

What is the name of your state? South Carolina

I was riding around with some friends and we got pulled over for speeding. I had just a little stash, so when we got pulled over, I freaked out. I stashed it under the passenger seat. After the driver was questioned and stuff, the police asked to search the car. Unfortunately, they found my stash. There were four of us so the police asked whose stuff it was. It ended up I took the blame for my weed and one of my friends took the blame for possession of acohol. The police took us down to the station and he called our parents to come pick us up. I got a first offense charge for possession of marijuana and my friend got first offense underage possession of acohol. The other two got to leave and they got phone calls to their parents.

My question is, what's gonna happen now? It's been like a week since. Will we have to go to court? If we do go to court, what happens in a court room? What will be our punishments?

Alex02

How much weed did you have exactly? Since you say it was a smal stash and not over 22 grams you dont got much to worry about. Here in CA i think possesion i think it is a misdeamenor and there is a small fine with a record of course. This means when you apply for a job it will show up on background checks.

i say NO BIGGIE except for the record thing.

C

ChnkPnkr05

There was about 6 grams, not a lot. Will I have to go to court though? And if i do, what will happen at court?

A

aahlee

Chnk:

Maybe you will finally realize how easy it is to catch stupid criminals, they take and carry weed in a car, so if you are stopped for any reason the officer could search the car and you're busted.

you friend made it EASY, he was speeding!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">