• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

military divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

vette

What is the name of your state? Virginia&California.
I spoke with my daughter, she has money saved but that is not the problem. Her husband lied on his BAH and BAS and is collecting extra money. He lied and told his superiors that his family is out of state where he is collecting the extra BAH, they are actually in Virginia. She found out that he promised a female sailor "other woman" a better life. My daughter did not sign any contract with the Navy, he did. I know he will say she knew about the false information on his BAH, and they will believe him because he has a clean record at the moment. Is that true?That they would believe what he said because he has a clean record?

Now he's never physically abused her or the children. Who does she need to contact? The commanding officer of his ship? Like I said No one within the Navy would give her any help. He has also stolen items from his ship. Does anyone know off hand in Norfolk, Virginia where she needs to go? She's seeking an attorney who deals with military law. Anything else?

usmcfamily

I don't mean to "nit-pick" but it really will be easier if you try to keep all your posts in one single thread because with multiple threads people can miss important details and only answer with half the information and that can make a BIG difference in the accuracy of what you get....
That said.......
While he can say that she knew about the fraudulant BAH HE is the one who actively perpatrated that fraud on the government. As the Active Duty member it was HIS responsibility to see to it that his information was maintained accurately and ultimately it will be HIS head on the platter.......however, the longer she lets it go on after finding out about it the harder it may get for her to appear totally innocent in all of this. As for him -- clean record or not there is NO DENYING that HE willfully committed theft by cheating the BAH system.......

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">