• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hit in a parking lot

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Ryan_GSU

Ok, I was driving in a parking lot and a girl drove out of her spot and hit the side of my vehicle. It's finals week so the girl asked if it would be ok to exchange information later. I said sure because I was in no hurry. No she's trying to say that the accident was not her fault...what should I do? I have a witness who was in the car with me at the time. she was parked so that she only had to pull foward to get out of the spot. I was going maybe 5 MPH and she just didn't look up to see me in front of her. Any advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

stephenk

get an estimate for the damage. take photos of the damage.

file a small claims action against her for the damge. get a judgment and collect from her or her insurance company.

make sure your friend goes to court with you to testify about what they saw.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">