• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stolen motorcycle quandry - VA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

csmarm

On the way back to VA from a weekend ride to Myrtle Beach, SC my bike was stolen from a motel parking lot in NC where I stayed over. I was riding solo. By the time the police showed up at the motel any of the guests who might have seen the bike had already checked out. The police did zero on-scene investigating. I reported the theft to the ins. company immediately, but it has been nearly four weeks. The insurance investigator is intimating that the claim will be denied if they cannot find anyone in NC that saw the bike there.

Any advice??

stephenk

What on scene investigation did you expect the police to do? You know how easy and quick it is to steal a bike? Hell, you can put it on the back of a truck and drive off.

When you checked into the motel did they take down your bike's license plate number? Some motels do that so they know that only the motel guests are parking in their lot. If the motel registration slip has the bike information, copy it and send it to your insurance company.

Do you still have the keys to the bike?

C

csmarm

I turned the keys over to the insurance company with the title at their request. When I checked in I wrote the tag # on the reg. slip. However, the investigator seems to be going on the presumption that I am not being truthful. He doesn't seem to be interested in the motel registration because I wrote the tag #, not the motel receptionist. I am being made to feel like a criminal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">