• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Busted with weed and wasnt contacted

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Q

Queta

What is the name of your state? I live in Bellingham, Washington.
I was on my way to help my wife with her cleaning job late one night it was the night of 8/11/02 at about 11 at night. As I turned down the road following behind my wife I was smoking a little bit on the way there. There were some cops pulled off the road in a Hardware store parking lot as I passed the cop got behind me and pulled me over he said that "I had a cracked tail light." obviousily when the officer walked up to the window he smelled the marajuana immediately he asked me to get out. He gave me tests cause he though I was drunk i wasn't He asked if I had weed in the car. I answered him yes adn told him where. THe officer called for a k-9 unit. HTe dog came adn went through the car I todl him where it was and everything. He arrested me and toke me to the local hospital and I got a blood test done and was let got that night. I was nervous for about 2 months adn then it had passed the 2 month mark and still nothing. Then my wife said in 90 days it is over due to the right to a speedy trial law. I got a subpoena to be in court 2 days after Chrtistmas but it is marked 12/3/2002 and i have to be in court 12/27/02 and so right now it is well over the 3 and 1/2 months and the speedy trial is 90 days right? IS this right I got nothing till today. I got no word now I do. What is up with this can I still get charged with this? Someone please help me I need help now.!!!!!

HomeGuru

Queta said:
What is the name of your state? I live in Bellingham, Washington.
I was on my way to help my wife with her cleaning job late one night it was the night of 8/11/02 at about 11 at night. As I turned down the road following behind my wife I was smoking a little bit on the way there. There were some cops pulled off the road in a Hardware store parking lot as I passed the cop got behind me and pulled me over he said that "I had a cracked tail light." obviousily when the officer walked up to the window he smelled the marajuana immediately he asked me to get out. He gave me tests cause he though I was drunk i wasn't He asked if I had weed in the car. I answered him yes adn told him where. THe officer called for a k-9 unit. HTe dog came adn went through the car I todl him where it was and everything. He arrested me and toke me to the local hospital and I got a blood test done and was let got that night. I was nervous for about 2 months adn then it had passed the 2 month mark and still nothing. Then my wife said in 90 days it is over due to the right to a speedy trial law. I got a subpoena to be in court 2 days after Chrtistmas but it is marked 12/3/2002 and i have to be in court 12/27/02 and so right now it is well over the 3 and 1/2 months and the speedy trial is 90 days right? IS this right I got nothing till today. I got no word now I do. What is up with this can I still get charged with this? Someone please help me I need help now.!!!!!

**A; you have failed to realize that the court docket is full due to criminals such as yourself. Therefore 3 1/2 months is quick given the circumstances. Don't worry, your actual trial will be speedy.

A

aahlee

Lets see money for weed AND smoking it in a CAR, but no money for a busted tail light, see how easy it is to catch stupid criminals.

here were some cops pulled off the road in a Hardware store parking lot as I passed the cop got behind me and pulled me over he said that "I had a cracked tail light." obviousily when the officer walked up to the window he smelled the marajuana immediately

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">