• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What happens when both at fault?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

divadenny

Please lend your thoughts! My father experienced a minor fender bender in the parking lot of a Sonic in Texas. Both vehicles were pulling out of parking spots at the same time, both sustaining damage to the corner most back sections, the vehicles were both at about a 45 deg. angle. They exchanged insurance infor, and the lady in the other vehicle was saying Dad was at fault, but both parties were backing out at the same time and didnt see each other until it was too late. Very minor damage to my Dad's truck (tiny dent and scratch a little touch up could fix) and her whole tail light was taken out cause she was in a smaller vehicle. No witness, just the damage. Arent they both technically at fault? And if that is the case, and both must take care of their own damage, will my father's insurance go up even though potentially no money will be paid out by the insurance company if they must care for their own damage and Dad decides to fix it himself? Thanks a bunch, Denny

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">