• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

i took my car back

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jhekler

What is the name of your state? north carolina

my car was towed from my office complex without my permission.
i called them and they said it would cost 250 dollars and he was open every day 9-5. i went two days later at 3:30 and they place was locked up, my car however was parked out on the street with a bunch of other wrecked cars, the lot was full of other towed cars but mine was only one outside on the street. since no one was there i took it. i am liable for any fees or should i feel justified in getting it back. my office has now townig signs and my plates are current. i had left the vehicle for quite some time however.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Have someone else drive you back there. Go to the guy at the desk and say, "Hello, my name is jhekler. I'd like to redeem my car."

Watch how they scramble and see how long it takes for them to admit your car is gone!

Make a big stink. Start yelling that you want your car! And, all the while, hold out your hand, saying - - "I'm going to the police unless I start seeing some "green" in my hand! - - I will sue your pants off and get your license to operate before I'm done with you!"

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">