• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

some laws on mandtory probation or a choice of not convicting?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sharon rose 1

What is the name of your state? ca.
my 14 yr. old high school daughter sold 7 of my pain pills to a friend at school, he got caught with them. she admitted to the sheriff and vice-p. she did. no way did she understand to wrong
as in illegal. the sheriff did not site her. but gave her a ticket. we have to contact probation. is it mandatory to give her probation, or could they let it go this time? she is a good kid i have never had any trouble with her she has only been to 6 different girl friends houses, they always stay here, she is very attive in 4-h
and ffa she raises steers for ffa, she has hores we live on a small
ranch this was a complete non thinking poor choice. this is not
really her, her teachers can't believe her ever doing any thing
like this i'm going to get her to school couseler about peer pressure.
any advice would be great! sharon

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

sharon rose 1 said:
my 14 yr. old high school daughter sold 7 of my pain pills to a friend at school, he got caught with them. she admitted to the sheriff and vice-p. she did. no way did she understand to wrong
as in illegal. the sheriff did not site her. but gave her a ticket. we have to contact probation. is it mandatory to give her probation, or could they let it go this time? she is a good kid i have never had any trouble with her she has only been to 6 different girl friends houses, they always stay here, she is very attive in 4-h

My response:

Yes, it's mandatory. Plus, she'll get a few months at a juvenile detention center. Look, it's not as if she sold one pill - - that might be considered a "mistake". But, the fact is, she sold 7 of them! After talking to the boy, she knew exactly what she was doing, and why. Yes, she belongs to FFA - - "Future Felons of America."

What a great parenting job you're doing. Already at the tender age of 14, she's dealing narcotics. Terrific job, Mom. And then, on top of that, you don't want her to "learn a lesson" by hoping and fighting that she won't get probation. What kind of message are you sending her?

This is your opportunity to save her from herself in the future!

Stop coddling her !

IAAL

Last edited:

calatty

It is very unlikely she will get any time at juvenile hall, but she probably will get some form of probation plus counseling. Once the legal system gets a hold of a case, it doesn't just "let it go."

H

hmmbrdzz

I hate to tell you this, mom, but you need to know -- your daughter is the perfect poster child for a child drug addict. She is actually at higher risk because of her parents wealth and status than a child who's parents are poverty stricken. Everyone associated with your family and your daughter are going to want to deny allegations and defend her. This puts her at great risk. As far as what you can do? Stop trying to find a way to minimize what she did. This enables her to continue. If you sit there in disbelief and denial, it only protects you -- not her. This was not just a "non-thinking, poor judgment" call on her part. It was a serious crime for a 14 year old that could have also killed someone else. There are children who take prescribed medications already, and your daughter could have "sold" the one pain pill that would, if taken in combination with another drug, be a deadly combination for another kid. You better stop and think real hard.

hmmbrdzz

sharon rose 1 said:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">