• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

attempting to pass a forged prescription

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dorylu2002

What is the name of your state? louisiana.. my "boyfriend" gave me a prescription to get filled... i did know it was forged, but he said he would leave if i got it filled, and that was what i wanted it was not filled at all.. he got sentenced for forging the scripts and i got charged with attempting to pass it. that was in may.. i am concerned with what my outcome might be. i have no priors at all.. clean record not even a traffic ticket. when i call my court appointed attny, he says he has not got the evidence in yet and not to worry, but i cant help it. what do you think the chance of me getting probation for this charge? do you think that the charges may be dismissed?? like i said this is the first time i've been in trouble and this is a small town. i have 2 kids that i'm concerned about.. i would like some input on this since my attny doesn't seem too concerned. thanks, dorylu

D

dorylu2002

i really don't know anything at all.... like i said my attny isn't saying anything... with the charge of "attempting to pass" would that be a misdomener or a felony.. i know it sounds like i'm stupid and maybe i am, its just that i've never had to face a problem like this and i'm very confused

H

hmmbrdzz

Attempting to pass a forged Rx is bad business. If you were attempting to pass a forged scheduled drug Rx, big bad business and big bad trouble for you. You ought to be scared. Dismissed? Heck no. And your attorney is not going react to your fears or act concerned. I hate to tell you this, but he really doesn't care and isn't concerned. You may not have had a record, but you've got one now (and a good start to it). Anyone will find it extremely difficult to believe that you knew nothing about your boyfriends forgery of this highly protected piece of paper that requires a DEA number (drug enforcement agency). Get smart. You've got two kids.

hmmbrdzz

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">