• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cut Thumb Off Can I Sue???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

erc

Georgia

Nearly cut my thumb off when a mirror at the local Waffle House Fell off the wall in the bathroom. It's been very painful and Doc. says it will take 8-10 months to heal, and may never be the way it was again.

Heres the problem:
1. I wasn't sober but I wasn't trashed

2. I was in the womens restroom (which locks) and I'm not a woman

3. I hit the wall next to the mirror, messing with my friend in the adjoining mens bathroom

My argument: What if a woman with a small child used the bathroom and the child hit the wall and the mirror fell on them killing them???

Any advice/input would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Erc

racer72

I would love to see the judges reaction to your story. If you could possibly convince an attorney to accept your case you would be eaten alive in court. You do not have a case.

HomeGuru

erc said:
Georgia

Nearly cut my thumb off when a mirror at the local Waffle House Fell off the wall in the bathroom. It's been very painful and Doc. says it will take 8-10 months to heal, and may never be the way it was again.

Heres the problem:
1. I wasn't sober but I wasn't trashed

**A: college student under the influence.

2. I was in the womens restroom (which locks) and I'm not a woman

**A: see above. But despite being under the influence your action to enter and occupy a womens rest room was deliberate.

3. I hit the wall next to the mirror, messing with my friend in the adjoining mens bathroom

**A: your actions of hitting the wall caused the mirror to fall off the wall and cause the injury. You caused the injury to yourself.
My argument: What if a woman with a small child used the bathroom and the child hit the wall and the mirror fell on them killing them???

**A: this argument is not pertinent to your case.
Any advice/input would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Erc

**A: I suggest you grow up and take responsibility for your own childish and stupid actions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">