• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Debt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

brendal

What is the name of your state? new hampshire

in the divorce decree it states which accounts my ex has to pay and which ones i have to pay. it says we have 3 monthe to change the debt in our name. i put the debt i was responsible for in my name. my ex has never done it. it has been almost 3 years and he is still using the credit cards. the debt shows up on my credit breau report that i owe it. what can i do to have my name taken off? the creditors will not do it. they say the divorce decree is not legal.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

brendal said:
What is the name of your state? new hampshire

in the divorce decree it states which accounts my ex has to pay and which ones i have to pay. it says we have 3 monthe to change the debt in our name. i put the debt i was responsible for in my name. my ex has never done it. it has been almost 3 years and he is still using the credit cards. the debt shows up on my credit breau report that i owe it. what can i do to have my name taken off? the creditors will not do it. they say the divorce decree is not legal.

My response:

You have to take your ex back to court on an "Order to Show Cause Re: Contempt of Court Order."

The CC company is correct in that YOUR decree does not involve them, nor does it change the contract terms and conditions.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">