• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Deer Accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

master94

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania: I was in a car accident with a deer on the way home from a work assignment that took me halfway across the state. The car is mine. 1. Does my employer have any responsibility or should I be able to expense any of the costs (toying etc.) to my employer. 2. Someone told me that if you have insurance and you hit a deer the deductible doesn't have to be paid in Pennsylvania. Is that true?

stephenk

Ah, the old deer deductible waiver. Never heard of it, but you cant hurt anything by asking your adjuster to waive the deductible. Make sure you give the facts of the accident in the best way possible to show that the deer was at fault. I'm not kidding. If you say the deer was standing in the middle of the road and I thought it would move, wont get the deductible waived.

Did you at least save the head to mount over your fireplace?

V

vt123

My son did the same thing three weeks ago. If you have comprehensive coverage on your vehicle, there is no deductible and insurance pays all. We have State Farm in VA.
Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">