• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

i want to adopt my niece

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

antoinette4

What is the name of your state? missouri my nephew and his girlfriend has departed ,neither parties has a job or a foundation
and both are unfit parents. the baby that i have in my care now is 8 months i had her for 3 months,the mother has three giveaways kept one, with the help of the ex boy friend mom. lost one and now pregnant once again shes only 21yrs. old .with no food ,no finance,no shelter the mother signed a notary letter stating that i may have temporary custody. both parents agreed to this . i would love to adopt my niece what are my proceedures.
i live in kansas city missouri the mother leaves in fayetteville arkansas .and is planning to try to get the baby back .once again without shelter,job,food ,nor clothing.please refer me to some one .what are my down falls ? do i have grounds to adopt? with the notarize letter do i have to return the baby to a horrible environment of neglect.

D

drell

Hi I my hubby and I are adopting my niece. I would suggest you start keeping records of EVERYTHING you do for the baby. And how much you spend.. and also keep track of what the mother and father have done for baby. How much they see the child, talk to child. Are they sending any type of support. Next I would contact Social Services. You want to start the process now. If they get involved then at least the parents will not be able to just come and get the child. But as it stands now they can come and get baby any time they want. Please don't wait.. this baby deserves to be happy and have a good life.

I am not a lawyer so take my post for what it is My Opinion.

drell

LegalBeagle

antoinette4 said:
What is the name of your state? missouri my nephew and his girlfriend has departed ,neither parties has a job or a foundation
and both are unfit parents. the baby that i have in my care now is 8 months i had her for 3 months,the mother has three giveaways kept one, with the help of the ex boy friend mom. lost one and now pregnant once again shes only 21yrs. old .with no food ,no finance,no shelter the mother signed a notary letter stating that i may have temporary custody. both parents agreed to this . i would love to adopt my niece what are my proceedures.
i live in kansas city missouri the mother leaves in fayetteville arkansas .and is planning to try to get the baby back .once again without shelter,job,food ,nor clothing.please refer me to some one .what are my down falls ? do i have grounds to adopt? with the notarize letter do i have to return the baby to a horrible environment of neglect.
That notarized letter is worth the same as used bathroom paper. All you can do at this point is report this issue to CPS. If the mother comes a knocking, then you better have CPS behind you otherwise you could be arrested for kidnapping. You will not be able to apply for an adoption unless a judge deems both parents unfit and terminates their parental rights.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">