• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance settlement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nob

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? Georgia
I was in a car accident on September 27, the other driver rear ended me and was totally at fault. I stayed out from work for 2 days with neck and back pain but went back to work because I could since my work is non streneous. I just completed 4 weeks of physical therapy on Tuesday. The Insurance company called me about 3 weeks after the accident wanting to settle the claim but I told them I had not finished treatments. I used my group insurance for medical treatments so i only have my co pay out of pocket which is $10 per Dr. visit.

Here's the point what is a reasonable monetary settlement with the insurance company, I have no idea. I just know that I will never be completely free from pain and will need therapy treatments from time to time according to the doctor.

I really don't want to bring lawyer into it if possible just want to settle and be through.

I think in all with the MRI and Physical therapy and Dr. visits all probably add up to about $2,500 more or less but I am totally concerned about future pain and suffering and paying medical costs then.

Please give me an amount in $$$$ to start negotiation.

Alex02

What is it worth to you? I just made a settlement with an insurance companies insured rear end accident. They billed me about $9k for his medical expenses.... Add another $4k to that $2,500. Mention something about seeing a personal injury attorney to see what your legal rights are when you ask them, call them and write them a letter

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">