• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My 401k & IRA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Yurgee

What is the name of your state? NY

My ex-wife and I seperated about 2 years ago. Her lawyer said that they would be dividing my 401k plan and my IRA after the divorce was final. To date he hasn't executed this and I believe it is because she hasn't fully paid him yet. Is there a statue of limitations wth regards to filing this? If there isn't, do they look at the value of these accounts at the time of the divorce?

Thanks

A

aahlee

was there a specific dollar amount listed? or was it 1/2 of the stocks listed? or was it just 1/2 of the total amount?

If it was a specfic dollar amount, then i hope you didnt lose much money in the past 2 years.

nailtech

are you actually legally divorced?

if so she's gotten half of nothing since the economy is pretty nill now days... the QDRO should go from the date of divorce.. which she would have faired better then she would have nowdays...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">