• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

repairs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

U

upset1

I live in NY state,
I have had repairs done to my vehicle, (due to a rearend accident, that happened almost three months ago)......... and repairs are all done.
The body shop told me they haven't received a check yet. so they want to wait til begining on another week to see if they get the check in the mail...
In NY state can a repair shop keep a repaired vehicle til they recieve a check from the other parties insc company to pay for repairs, before releasing it to me?:confused:

S

soultasto

To whom isthe insurance making the check out to? Normally if you want your car back you pay the repair shop and then the insurance co will reimburse you (hopefully sooner than later). Remember, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

U

upset1

NY

Thanks for your responce..... But the damages of vehicle are over
$16,000.00 Thats right..........You are reading that right!
I don't have that kind of money just laying around........ Almost........lol
Check will be to body shop........
So I guess they can hold my truck ...............
Thanks agian.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">