• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

options ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

fingas

i have a question. I recently moved back to louisiana and was recently involved in an accident that was not my fault. I have been with the same insurance company since before i moved out of louisiana the first time and my policy has been automatically renewed for seven years but after my current accident it came to my attention that renewal was not done this year. My question is, i have heard that since my insurance has lapsed that the person who i was in the accident with will not be required to pay.
does anyone know if this is true. I am alittle distraught over the fact that i religiously carried insurance on my vehicle and the after the policy expired for three days, for the first time in seven years, i get into an accident.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">