• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

small claims court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

catd0g

What is the name of your state? Illinois Does anyone have any advise for me, or is this so petty, its ridiculous. I am being taken to small claims next week . I was in a parking lot, pulling into my stall, when a guy who is backing into the stall next to me...backed into me. I had stopped not even a quarter of the way because i saw this big f150 truck backing in next to me and he was not watching where he was going and hit me. He claims i was in his parking spot so i must pay him 400.00. His damage is a scratch on his drivers side door. Mine is my left bumper. only 100.00 damage>Scratch. Doesnt he have to yield to me? Understand that i was not moving my vehical when we made contact. Is there something somewhere that says you must have total control of your car especially when backing up and yield to all things? Can i be wrong? I contend that i was not in his space. Thank You.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">